• Event will go on rain or shine.
• No weapons on Hotel property.
Parking is exceptionally limited on site, especially on Saturday. Alternative nearby off-site parking is available. We strongly advise all of our guests not to leave valuables in plain sight in the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Things such as your GPS, purses and your purchases should be secured out of sight, in your trunk or your hotel guest room. Antennas, where possible, should be removed. PACIFICONSM and the Marriott Hotel assumes no responsibility for items left in or on vehicles. See our Parking Page for other information and restrictions on parking.
• Guest disputes with Vendors:
Most of our vendors have been with us for years and have an excellent track record in dealing with our guests. However, from time to time disputes may arise. All transactions are between the vendor and the guest. PACIFICONSM personnel assume no responsibility for or role in dispute resolution. All issues must be settled between the guest and the vendor.
• Guest disputes with the Hotel:
PACIFICONSM and the Marriott-San Ramon Hotel have enjoyed a long and cordial relationship. However, as with the vendors, from time to time disputes may arise. All transactions are between the hotel and the guest. PACIFICONSM personnel assume no responsibility for or role in dispute resolution. All issues must be settled between the guest and the hotel.
• COVID-19 and Other Communicable Diseases:
There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other communicable diseases in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and possibly death. By attending our convention, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.
• Hold Harmless:
Vendors and attendees shall hold harmless/indemnify the PACIFICONSM Committee, its agents, representatives, officers, directors, volunteers and the Marriott Hotel from all liability, loss, claims, suits and/or judgments arising from their negligent or intentional wrongful acts or omissions. PACIFICONSM disclaims responsibility for injury to any persons resulting from person's negligence or intentional wrongful acts or omissions.
• Limitation of Liabilities:
Under no circumstances shall PACIFICONSM or any affiliated entity have any liability whatsoever for incidental or consequential loss or damages such as, without limitation, lost profit or revenue, loss of use, increased costs or expense, or claims resulting from agreements between Vendors and third parties. Vendors at all times remain solely liable for taxes, penalties, liquidated damages, indemnification of PACIFICONSM and others.
PACIFICONSM shall not be liable for delay or nonperformance attributable to war, fire, flood, acts of God, acts of third parties, terrorism, acts of governmental authorities, accidents, work stoppage, riot or civil disorder and disobedience, equipment breakdown, or other measures beyond our reasonable control.
• Refund Policy:
PACIFICONSM has a standing refund policy. No refunds unless requested no later than the date stated on our reservations page. Refund requests need to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is at the discretion of the PACIFICONSM chair to execute any and all refunds.
What information do we collect?
• We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form, prize ticket, etc.
• When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, callsign, email address, mailing address, and/or phone number.
• Note: Your credit card information is handled directly by PayPal or a similar professional processing organization. PACIFICONSM does not collect or have access to any credit card information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
• To improve customer service (Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.)
• To process transactions.
• To contact you in the event you win a Grand Prize.
• To send periodic emails.
• Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent or by court order, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
• The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional convention news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
• We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
• Your registration information is maintained by a professional event planning company in a secure database.
• Your credit card information is handled directly by PayPal or a similar professional processing organization. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the organization’s database. Only those authorized with special access rights may view your payment transaction record, which does not include your credit card information. No Pacificon staff has access to your credit card information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
• We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or other rights, property, or safety.
Third party links
• Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Photographs and Videos
• Photographers and/or videographers may be on site to document the PACIFICONSM Conference events and activities. Photos and videos are the sole property of the Mt. Diablo Amateur Radio Club. By registering for and/or attending PACIFICONSM events, attendees understand that PACIFICONSM/MDARC may use their likenesses for future promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed, please notify the photographer and/or videographer on site.
• Your Consent: By using our site, and attending PACIFICONSM, you consent to these policies.
• Changes to our Policies: These rules and policies are subject to change without advance notice. Any and all changes will be reflected in this document, once the change applies.
If there are any questions regarding these rules and policies, you may contact us using the following information:
• Website: www.pacificon.org
• Mailing Address: PACIFICON, P.O. Box 31372, Walnut Creek, CA 94598 USA
• Email: email@example.com