October 20-22, 2023
San Ramon Marriott
2600 Bishop Drive
San Ramon, CA 94583
The Many Stories of PacificonSM 2022 in Photo
The Pacificon 2022 photo album is now available for viewing at the link below. These photos were taken during the convention which took place October 14, 15 and 16, 2022. The primary Pacificon photographers last year were Pete Harris, KE6ZIW, and Judi Clark, KKZCU. We recommend full screen viewing on a computer if possible.
Pacificon℠ gives you three great days of activities for one low cost:
* A full slate of outstanding Forum presentations about a wide range of amateur radio topics.
* An all-day Antenna Seminar (additional fee required)
* Gordon West, WB6NOA: Author, educator, speaker and irrepressible promoter of all things ham radio.
* A large Vendor Expo filled with exciting products and exhibits
* An outdoor Swap Meet
* Youth Activities
* Electronics kit building and soldering instruction
* A One Day License Prep Class to prepare you to pass the amateur radio Technician license examination and get your first amateur radio license
* A One Day License Prep Class to prepare you to upgrade to the General Class level.
* Two days of License Testing
* A Special Events Station where you can operate and contact other hams worldwide, even if you don't have a General or Extra Class license
* A wonderful Banquet with Keynote Speaker (additional fee required)
* Our annual Wouff Hong Initiation ceremony
* A chance to hear about and discuss important national amateur radio issues with top ARRL leaders
* A chance to win radios and other great prizes throughout the convention
And perhaps the best part - a chance to interact and share information with lots of other amateur radio enthusiasts to further (or begin) your own knowledge and to advance the hobby.
More vendors and non-profit exhibitors have been added to the website. Have a look at https://www.pacificon.org/finding-everything/vendor-list and https://www.pacificon.org/finding-everything/non-profit-exhibitors-list.
Pacificon Registration is open! See https://www.pacificon.org/registration/attendees.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS
PACIFICON℠ is looking for qualified people to give presentations at our next conference. We need good speakers for the Antenna Seminar on Friday and the Forums on Saturday and Sunday. Just a few of the topics we're looking for include tuning duplexers, coax termination, configuring certain handheld radios, fundamentals of radio technology, antennas, public service, emergency response, digital communications, maker kits and just about any other subject of interest to hams.
If you would like to be considered as a backup speaker, please send an email to Julie Mah at email@example.com.
If you are interested in presenting at PACIFICON℠, please go to our
Speaker Proposals page
to complete the speaker application
and THANK You!
Volunteer at PACIFICON℠
Volunteers make all the difference at Pacificon℠.
We need your help in all areas to make Pacificon℠ the best conference possible. Whether it be registration, security, forums or any of the many other events, we can use your help. Even just a couple of hours will be appreciated. We also need volunteers to help plan and prepare for the Big Weekend. Go to our Volunteers registration page.
NOTICE: Photographers and/or videographers may be on site to document the Pacificon℠ Conference events and activities. Photos and videos are the sole property of the Mt. Diablo Amateur Radio Club. By registering for and/or attending Pacificon℠ events, attendees understand that Pacificon℠/MDARC may use their likenesses for future promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed, please notify the photographer and/or videographer on site.
Most of the images on this web site are provided by MDARC's photographers extraordinaire, Pete Harris, KE6ZIW and Barry Isseks, K6ZA.
Thank you, Pete! Thank you, Barry!
is the ARRL Pacific Division
presented by the
Mount Diablo Amateur Radio Club.