There are no excuses for not getting your first license at Pacificon℠. Rich Harrington, KN6FW, and Paul Shinn, K6FRC, will be giving the One-Day Amateur Radio License Class at Pacificon℠. Get your Technician License IN ONE DAY!
A special license test session for those who take the class will be given when the class ends on Saturday.
Sign up for the One-Day Technician License Class using the form at the bottom of this page so we can reserve a seat for you. Enrollment is limited to 30 students. If you sign up and later learn that you cannot attend, please notify us as soon as possible so your slot can be used by someone else. Feel free to use the form below to send in your comments or changes.
You must purchase a Pacificon℠ General Admission ticket to attend this class. There is no additional charge for the class, but there is the FCC-required $15 fee for taking the license test. The FCC will bill you for $35, which must be paid before the FCC will issue a call sign to you as a Technician. Morse Code is no longer required to obtain an amateur radio operator's license! See the Ham License Exam page for details.
There is one PDF file this year that you will need to bring with you to class.
1. Click Here to go to the file for downloading.
One Day Class Tech Notes for Pacificon
2. In the navigation bar at the top of the screen, click the down-pointing arrow with a line below it. If there is no down-pointing arrow with a line below it, click the 3-vertical-dot menu icon, then select "Download".
3. Open or save the file in the window that pops up.
4. Press the ESC key to return to the screen showing the file.
CLASS NOTES MUST BE BROUGHT WITH YOU TO THE CLASS, IN EITHER PRINTED OR ELECTRONIC FORM!
If you plan on taking the Technician Class license test after the class ends on Saturday, remember the following:
• The license exam fee is $15. Cash only. Please bring exact change if possible. We can't guarantee we'll have change.
• You will need a government-issued photo ID. In addition, you must obtain an FRN (Federal Registration Number) from the FCC (www.fcc.gov) and bring that FRN number to the exam registration desk. See our Obtain an FRN web page for instructions.
• You may bring and use a calculator for the exam, but the calculator cannot be programmable. You may not use smart phone for any reason during testing.
• If you don't pass the license test on Saturday afternoon, retakes will be available on Sunday morning. You must pay the fee again.
Suggested Advance Reading:
For advance reading, you can buy and read the Gordon West 2022-2026 Technician Class Manual before the class .
You can purchase the book at Ham Radio Outlet. Call HRO at 1-800-854-6046 or go to their web site.
It is also available at Amazon.com and the Gordon West Training Resources web site.
Make sure you get the latest version of the book which includes the current Technician Class question pool with answer key for use July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2026.
** Please note that this class is free, but you must purchase a Pacificon℠ admission ticket in order to be enrolled in this class **
** Please remember, if you sign up and later learn you cannot attend notify us ASAP so your slot can be used by someone else **