Get Your General in One Day
Saturday, October 21, 2023
8:00am – 4:00pm
Paul Shinn, K6FRC, and Robert Brown, K6AAQ will present the General Class One-Day License Upgrade session.
A special license test session for those who take the class will be given when the class ends.
Sign up for the Class using the form on this page so we can reserve a seat for you. Enrollment is limited to 30 students. If you sign up and later learn that you cannot attend, please notify us as soon as possible so your slot can be used by someone else. Feel free to use the form below to send in your comments or changes.
You must purchase a Pacificon℠ General Admission ticket to attend this class. There is no additional charge for the class, but there is the FCC-required $15 fee for taking the license test. The FCC will not bill you for $35, which does not need be paid because this is an upgrade.
Notes for the General Class will be posted here when available, expected in July. Please check back then.
1. Click on the above links in turn to go to the files for downloading.
2. In the navigation bar at the top of the screen, click the down-pointing arrow with a line below it.
3. Open or save the file in the window that pops up.
4. Press the ESC key to return to the screen showing the three files.
5. Repeat the above for the next file.
CLASS NOTES MUST BE BROUGHT WITH YOU TO THE CLASS, IN EITHER PRINTED OR ELECTRONIC FORM!
Rich recommends that you buy and read the Gordo West General Class License Study Manual For 2019-2023 before the class.
You can purchase the book at Ham Radio Outlet. Call HRO at 1-800-854-6046 or go to their web site.
It is also available at Amazon.com and the Gordon West Training Resources web site. Make sure you get the current edition.
• The license exam fee is $15. Cash or check only. Please bring exact change if possible. We can't guarantee we'll have change.
• You will need a government-issued photo ID and copy of your current license that we can keep. You will also need your FRN (Federal Registration Number) from the FCC (www.fcc.gov) which is on your current license.
• You may bring and use a calculator for the exam, but the calculator cannot be programmable. You may not use smart phone for any reason during testing.
• If you don't pass the test, you can take the test again. You may pass the second time. You should try this if you miss by 1 or 2. But you must pay the fee again.
** Please note that this class is free, but you must purchase a Pacificon℠ admission ticket in order to be enrolled in this class **
** Please remember, if you sign up and later learn you cannot attend, notify us ASAP so your slot can be used by someone else **